Every year comes with set goals and realistic expectations of things you hope to accomplish. However, procrastination may not get you to fulfill some of those things you promised yourself.
As we round up 2017 (with only four days to go), take a rain check of things you accomplished. Make a list of those things you never got to achieve. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What was the stumbling block?
- What could you have done differently?
- Did you try again or did fear make you hold back from trying?
- Did you hold yourself accountable or did you have an accountability who can help you get back on track?
- If could you do things differently, would you have been able to achieve the missed goals?
- Did fear stop you from focusing?
- What areas of your life do you need to work on that were left behind?
You can start before the year ends by making rectification and realigning your focus to accomplish goals, establish timelines and meeting those goals starting now by doing the following:
- Set SMART Goals for your life and relationship – Ensure the are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely
- Hire a coach as your accountability partner
- Evaluate your goals frequently and identify ways to realign them when needed
It is never too late to start to make changes that will result in your growth. Work hard, strive harder, keep the faith and never give up. Things may now happen immediately but you should NEVER GIVE UP on your hopes and dreams.
“The tests we face in life’s journey are not to reveal our weaknesses but to help us discover our inner strengths. We can only know how strong we are when we strive and thrive beyond the challenges we face.” ― Excerpt, “Beyond the Pain” – Kemi Sogunle (Copyright 2014. All Rights Reserved)
Wishing you a Happy New Year filled with purpose and healthy relationships.
Need support getting started? Contact me and let’s schedule a complimentary session to help you jump start your life and relationship in the New Year.
Order Kemi’s Books