Dating can be challenging in today’s world. You may find yourself meeting the wrong type of partners based on where you are with yourself or you may meet people who are looking to dump their pain on you.
Here are eight dating trends you should know to avoid a heartbreak:
- Benching – A partner strings you along with a few dates and follows up with sparse text messages. You are confused about your feelings for them. They have multiple partners and keeping their options opened with you.
- Ghosting – Your partner severs communication without warning to end the relationship. You thought you had a great relationship going on but this partner was only playing on your emotions.
- Breadcrumbing – Your partner keeps the communication going so as to make you believe they are interested. Text is once/twice a week or for a few months. Your partner does this to leave you with clues and figure it out on your own.
- Love Bombing – Your partner is seductive. Your partner controls you with a whirlwind of romance that is enough to get your affection and attention. You will believe your partner is genuine. This is often done by narcissist. It is a form of abuse.
- Catch and Release – Your partner makes you believe that he or She is into you. The moment you begin to fall in love with them, they tell you they are always busy. They stop contacting you. This type of partner has suffered rejection or absence of a parent and fear has sunken into them.
- Zombie – Your ex who ghosted suddenly resurfaces and begins to like and comment on your posts on social media. This is only to awaken your emotions before disappearing again.
- Drafting Season – This partner is seasonal and only looking for someone to snuggle with in the cold months (usually fall and winter seasons).
- Draking– This partner has all the lyrics and poems to win you over but is unhappy deep within. This party uses self-pity to woo you without any intention of building a healthy relationship with you.
If you are looking to be in a committed relationship, avoid these types of partners who will only lead you on to getting hurt that building you up. Learn how you can find, attract and have a long lasting relationship that will make your life become better than bitter. Enroll in the 12-Weeks Purposeful Relationship Mastery Program to learn more.