Kemi Sogunle is a certified professional life and relationship coach and expert, award-winning international speaker and multi-award-winning author of "Love, Sex, Lies and Reality," "Being Single" and "Beyond the Pain." She is listed as one of the best 10 coaches in Maryland, USA by Thumbtack.com (2015, 2016 and 2017).
Kemi has been featured in Essence, Redbook, Zoosk and is also contributor to The Huffington Post. She is the Founder/CEO of the nonprofit organization (501c3), Love Not Hurt, an organization that promotes self-development, building healthier and stronger relationships while living with purpose.
Kemi's purpose in life is to support single men and women who are ready to gain a conscious awareness of who they are after a broken relationship or divorce, heal from their painful past experiences, learn to love themselves and develop positive and healthier relationship habits. She supports them to gain a deeper understanding of their lives and relationship vision while living truthfully and purposefully to make their lives become better not bitter.
Kemi coaches, writes and speaks from a personal place as well as from experience on relationships, healing, forgiveness and purposeful living by moving from pain to purpose. She began her journey to becoming a life and relationship coach after her separation and divorce, which led her to soul-searching. Raped at age 17, she kept this to herself and never healed from it. This led her to looking for love in the wrong places. After her painful divorce (after 15 years of marriage), she embarked on a journey to finding herself and she connected to her spirituality while learning to view life from a different perspective. She found herself, healed and gained a deep understanding of life and relationships as well as her purpose in life. She shares deep and inspirational messages through her writing and has touched many lives across the globe. She also teaches and inspires others to become the best version of the person God created them to be on daily basis. She believes that living truthfully is paramount to long-lasting relationships and healthy living.
Kemi holds a first degree in Microbiology and a Master’s degree in Information Systems. She has also served as a volunteer with the Center for Pregnancy Choices and the American Red Cross Key Chapter, Meridian, MS. She enjoys spending time with her son, gardening, interior decorating, signature perfume making, traveling and listening to music when not working.
"I have learned over the years that a woman's sexiness is not about how she looks, what she wears or what others have to say about her. It is found in how much she loves and sees herself from within...how much she truly believes in herself. As a woman, you must wear it every day, live it out loud and let it serve as a reminder that you are beautiful and your "Sexy Starts with Self-Love®." - Kemi Sogunle - Join the movement
- Former Talk-Show Host – “Love, Sex, Lies and Reality Talks”
Kemi has interviewed among others:
- The former NFL player and author, Jerone Davison
- The award-winning and internationally recognized matchmaker, Paul Carrick Brunson
(Podcasts available on iTunes).
- 2017 Best of Thumbtack Coaches – One of the 10 Best Coaches in MD
- 2017 ICONIC Woman Creating a Better World, Women Economic Forum, New Delhi, India
- 2016 African American Authors Award for my book, “Being Single: A State for the Fragile Heart”
- 2016 Indie Author Legacy Awards Winner – Author of the Year (Education)
- 2016 Indie Author Legacy Awards Finalist – Author of the Year (Self-Development)
- 2016 Global Sisterhood, Inspiring Lives – Inspiration Award Nominee
- 2016 Best of Thumbtack Coaches – One of the Top Ten Best Coaches in MD
- 2015 RCI Certified Professional Coach
- 2015 La Femme De Prose – Donna Lynn Quill Star Award (2015 Women of Impact – Focus on Women Magazine)
- 2015 Howard County, MD, Quill Award – Best Book About Building Self-Esteem
- 2015 Best of Thumbtack Coaches – One of the Top Ten Best Coaches in MD
Kemi’s articles have been featured on Essence, BravoTV.com, NBC News Better, Self-Growth, Huffington Post, Redbook, BlogHer, Bustle and Conscious Dating (Ask our Coaches).
- Radio Appearance
Hosted Kemi’s Lounge on Roots Radio Love
Guest appearances (not limited to) on More Love , Warrior Woman Radio, Ruach Radio, MensBreakupCoach with Serge and iGroove Radio , and many others.
- Speaking Engagements: Read More
- Women Economic Forum – Member, Advisory Executive Council
- Women Speakers Association (WSA)
- Black Life Coaches (BLC)
- Non-Fiction Authors Association
- Christian Women Speakers